Instructions & Info For Attending The South African National Jamboree In 2017
What Is Scouts.Digital?
Scouts.Digital is an online Scout Group and Adult Leader management system that follows 4 principles:
- Available Anywhere
- Ease of use
- Simplification &
Scouts.Digital uses a Software-As-A-Service delivery model where the system is available to members across several digital platforms. Using a responsive web design, Scouts.Digital is available across any device capable of browsing the internet. This means that a standard web browser on a desktop, laptop, notebook, tablet (iOS or Android), phone (iOS or Android) or Smart TV is capable of using the Scouts.Digital system.
Ease Of Use
In order to ensure that Scouts.Digital adds value, ease of use is key to the management of a Scout Group or Adult Leaders, Districts or Regions. Scouts.Digital is designed to be as intuitive as possible, ensuring that ease of use is one of the four key cornerstones of the system.
Simplify, simplify, simplify……
This does not mean that the system is simple. It means that we’ve used our inherent knowledge of how Scout Groups work and are managed, to simplify the often overcomplicated tasks in ensuring that a Scout Group is managed effectively.
Collaboration is inherent in Scouts.Digital. With group collaboration, inter group collaboration, district collaboration, inter district collaboration, regional collaboration and inter region collaboration, Scouts.Digital facilitates the often misunderstood concept of collaboration.
What does Scouts.Digital Cost?
Scouts.Digital is free to use for any South African Scout Groups.
Who sees this information?
Expressions Of Interest For SANJAMB 2017 can be seen by the following roles:
- Scouts.Digital Administrators
- The South African National Jamboree Administrators
- The South African National Jamboree Management Staff (Finance, Logistics, etc.)
- Your TS and ATS on SANJAMB 2017
- Your SANJAMB 2017 Troop / Patrol can see your contact details (Name, Email & Phone Number)
No other roles have access to this information.
How secure is this?
Scouts.Digital is exceptionally secure.
All information is maintained behind a complex and complicated logon procedure with some advanced algorithmic profiling.
If I have a logon for Scouts.Digital, do I need to use this?
Whether you have logon for Scouts.Digital or not, you must use this facility to express your interest in attending SANJAMB 2017.
If you have a logon for Scouts.Digital, please use the same email address you use to logon to Scouts.Digital in your expression of interest.
If you applying on behalf of a Scout or Ranger, and that Scout has a login for Scouts.Digital, please use the email address that that Scout uses to login to Scouts.Digital.
Can Scouts Express Interest In Attending SANJAMB 2017? (Under 18 Years Old at the end of SANJAMB 2017.)
Absolutely. Scouts can express their interest in attending SANJAMB 2017.
To attend SANJAMB 2017 as a scout, you must not turn 18 until after SANJAMB 2017 has finished (16th December 2017)
If you turn 18 before or during SANJAMB 2017, you must attend SANJAMB 2017 as part of the Adult team.
Can Rangers Express Interest In Attending SANJAMB 2017? (Under 18 Years Old at the end of SANJAMB 2017.)
Absolutely. Rangers can express their interest in attending SANJAMB 2017.
To attend SANJAMB 2017 as a ranger, you must not turn 18 until after SanJamb 2017 has finished (16th December 2017)
If you turn 18 before SANJAMB 2017 finishes, you must attend SANJAMB 2017 as part of the Adult team.
Can Rovers Express Interest In Attending SANJAMB 2017? (Over 18 Years Old at the end of SANJAMB 2017.)
Absolutely. Rovers can express their interest in attending SANJAMB 2017.
However, Rovers must select an Adult Role when Expressing their interest (CST, TS or ATS).
What will I need when I express interest?
You will need the following things in order to express interest in attending SANJAMB 2017:
- An email address (If you don't have an email address, simply sign up for one at Gmail)
- Your Contact Number (Mobile is preferable)
- If you are a Scout or Ranger, you will need contact detail of one Parent (First Name, Surname, Email Address & Cell Number)
- We need a small bit of information from you when you express your interest in attending SANJAMB 2017.
What are the different stages of my application?
There are a couple of different stages of an application to attend SANJAMB 2017 on Scouts.Digital. These are:
- This is the first part of any Application to Attend SANJAMB 2017.
- Simply complete the "Apply For SANJAMB 2017" form to express your interest in attending SANJAMB 2017.
- Once all Expressions of Interest are in, the SANJAMB 2017 committee will assess each Expression of Interest and may offer you a position on SANJAMB 2017.
- You will receive an email if this happens with further instructions.
- Once you have received an offer for a position on SANJAMB 2017, you will be required to complete a full Application. This email will contain instructions on how to apply.
- Please note that an offered position does not mean that you can attend SANJAMB 2017. It only means that there are currently positions available and you have been invited to apply for that position.
- Once you have completed your Application, you are committing to attend SANJAMB 2017 and will be invoiced the full fee amount.
- An application with a "Fully Paid or Guaranteed" Status means that you have paid the full fee to attend SANJAMB 2017.
- This means that you should attend attend SANJAMB 2017.
- An application with a "Cancelled" Status means the you or the SANJAMB 2017 committee has cancelled your application for SANJAMB 2017.
- This means that you cannot attend SANJAMB 2017.
Fully Paid (Or "Guaranteed")
Paying To Attend 24WSJ
How Much Will It Cost To Attend SANJAMB 2017?
The estimated cost of attending SANJAMB 2017 is R 0.00. This may change slightly in the next couple of weeks though.
Is A Deposit Required?
Yes, A deposit of R 500 is required. However, this is only required after you have been offered a position on SANJAMB. No financial commitments are required to Express Interest In Attending SANJAMB 2017.
Payments are required as follows:
- An initial deposit of R 500.00 is due by 2017-07-31
- A second payment of R 980.00 is due by 2017-09-30
- The final payment of R 500.00 is due by 2017-10-30
- Alternatively, you can simply pay the full amount in one go by 2017-07-31.
Please note that you will only be invoiced once you have completed a full application.
What Are The Payment Options?
Payments can be made either via EFT into the SANJAMB 2017 Bank account or via a Direct deposit.
How Do I Pay For Attending SANJAMB 2017?
Simply pay the fee on your invoice into the SANJAMB 2017 bank account via EFT or direct deposit. The SANJAMB Banking details will be on the invoice that you receive once you have completed your full application.
I don't have Internet Banking. How do I pay for a course?
If you do not have Internet Banking, simply deposit the funds for your application directly into the bank (You will need to physically go to a bank branch to do this).
Please remember to save your deposit slip as proof of payment as this will be required by the SANJAMB 2017 Committee.